Real Estate Services
PRIME CFO has extensive experience with all aspects of financial and business management for companies in the real estate industry. In a complex and rapidly changing environment, PRIME CFO can provide you with the financial guidance and peace of mind in knowing your real estate investments are being diligently watched. Whether you have a single rental property or significant real estate holdings in multiple states, PRIME CFO can help you buy, sell, trade and invest – and keep you financially organized throughout the process. By outsourcing some or all of your real estate financial needs to PRIME CFO, you will be represented by a CFO who understands the complexities of real estate. We support our clients with a diverse menu of services, from deal strategy and investor relations to software selection, implementation and process improvement.
Our background encompasses:
- Commercial Office Buildings
- Land / Land Development
- Multifamily Residential
- Condominium Conversions
- Owner Associations
- Industrial Buildings
- Mixed Use Properties
We provide financial services to investors, developers, agencies, property managers, REITS, family and estate enterprises and other real estate related businesses.
Let PRIME CFO organize the financial aspects of your real estate business. We will help you plan, implement, manage and control all financial aspects of your company.
We help business owners and investors evaluate real estate opportunities so they can make sound decisions based upon their financial goals and tolerance for risk. We assist with the evaluation of current market conditions, analyzing prior performance and providing insights in reviewing future projections and challenging the underlying assumptions used therein.
Due Diligence – Real Estate Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Review seller documents and information related to the property being acquired, including rent roll, operating statements, tenant leases, accounting records, real estate tax bills, loan agreements, vendor contracts and other agreements.
- Create due diligence packages for sale properties and coordinate with buyer’s representative, broker, attorney and other parties.
- Review purchase and sale agreement and negotiate key provisions.
- Review settlement sheets and coordinate the transaction closing.
Lease Analysis And Review
- Review and negotiate lease agreements.
- Negotiate lease restructurings and modifications
- Reconcile lease revenues to financial statement revenues.
- Lease summarization / abstracting.
- Review of escalation and pass through calculations for taxes, operating expenses, CPI and utilities
- Review multiple lease proposals and advise
- Review and establish project development budget
- Establish internal control procedures for contract procurement, project status reporting, recording of project costs and forecasting
- Review actual development costs to date vs. budget; variance reporting
- Develop cost segregation strategies for depreciation purposes
Financial Modeling, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Develop annual budgets and long term forecasts for the operation of the company
- Provide financial modeling for real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, property operations, debt and equity structure
- Review existing real estate models and test underlying assumptions
Raising Debt & Equity
We can assist you with raising debt and equity for your transaction. PRIME CFO can assist you with establishing new financing sources, or help you maintain your existing relationships. You will have an experienced CFO represent you in all transactions.
- We are experienced in creating loan packages and analyzing funding alternatives.
- We review term sheets, loan documents and negotiate the best deal for you and your business.
- We interface with lenders, attorneys and other parties throughout the loan process.
- On an ongoing basis, we review the debt covenants for compliance.
- Support the equity raise process by providing pro forma financial information and make presentations to potential investors.
Information Technology Services
PRIME CFO helps real estate development and property management companies assess their information technology needs, develop strategic technology plans and guide the implementation of new systems. We will help determine if you are getting the most out of your current system, or if a major overhaul is needed. We take an unbiased view of your technology environment and processes, suggest improvements to reduce inefficiencies, and work with your management team to identify and select technology solutions that meet your business needs.
We can assist with the selection and implementation of commercial and residential property management software applications, job cost, work order, investment management and other technology solutions for the real estate industry.
Other Outsourced Real Estate Services
- Complex transaction structuring – debt & equity
- Loan financing, refinancing & restructuring
- Debt covenant compliance
- Operational reviews
- Operating cost analysis / expense reduction strategies
- Revenue analysis / evaluate new opportunities
- Contract review & compliance
- Choice of entity guidance
- Loan draw reviews / interface with lenders / equity partners
- Audit preparation assistance
- Tax strategies
- Staff management – front office and back office